Benefits of Crack Filling
Address cracks early and consistently
There are significant cost savings in the long run if crack filling, is performed on asphalt pavement in a parking lot. Addressing cracks early and consistently can prevent the need for more extensive and expensive repairs later on. Here are some reasons why:
- Prevention of water infiltration: Crack filling prevents water from seeping into the pavement’s base and sub-base layers, which can cause significant damage and lead to more severe pavement failures, such as potholes and alligator cracking. Water damage can be costly to repair and may require complete pavement replacement in extreme cases.
- Extended pavement life: Regular crack filling can help extend the life of your pavement by slowing down the rate of deterioration. This means you won’t have to invest in a full pavement replacement as quickly, saving you money in the long run.
- Reduction in additional repair costs: By addressing cracks early, you can prevent more extensive damage and reduce the need for other costly repairs, such as patching or resurfacing.
- Enhanced safety and aesthetics: Regular maintenance can help prevent accidents and liability issues caused by damaged pavement, as well as maintain a more attractive appearance for your property, which can contribute to property value and customer satisfaction.
- Lower lifecycle costs: Although there are costs associated with regular maintenance, the overall lifecycle cost of well-maintained asphalt pavement is generally lower than that of neglected pavement. This is because the cost of major repairs or replacement can far exceed the costs of regular maintenance.
In summary, regular crack filling and maintenance can lead to significant cost savings over time by extending the life of your asphalt pavement, reducing the need for expensive repairs, and maintaining an attractive and safe parking lot.
Equipped with our expert knowledge and advice we can assist you on what needs to be addressed sooner and what can be planned for later. We look forward to hearing from you.