Asphalt Resurfacing Saves Time and $
= New Asphalt
For a new anchor store in a shopping center in Hempstead – milling and paving was a great way to freshen up the look and feel of the shopping experience. Milling + Paving is a cost effective solution to have new asphalt again.
There are several advantages to milling and paving an old parking lot versus completely ripping out the existing pavement and starting over.
- Cost Efficiency: Milling and overlaying is less expensive than a complete tear out and replacement because it utilizes the existing base material. You’re only removing and replacing the top layer of asphalt, rather than the whole structure.
- Time Savings: Milling and paving can be accomplished more quickly than complete reconstruction. The speedier process means less disruption for businesses, customers, or residents using the parking lot.
- Environmentally Friendly: Milling is more environmentally friendly because the removed material can be recycled and reused in new asphalt or other construction projects.
- Structural Integrity: If the existing pavement base is still in good condition, milling allows you to keep the strong base while still getting a new surface. The process effectively corrects surface distresses, such as cracks or ruts, giving you a smoother ride quality and increasing the lifespan of the parking lot.
- Less Disruption to Surrounding Infrastructure: Milling and paving is less disruptive to the surrounding environment. For instance, with complete reconstruction, it might be necessary to alter surrounding landscaping, curbs, or drainage systems. This is less likely with milling and paving.
However, it’s important to note that milling and paving may not always be the best choice. If the base layer of the parking lot is significantly damaged or degraded, a full reconstruction might be more cost-effective in the long term, despite the higher initial cost.
What are you working on?
Need some expert advice on all things pavement related? We are here to assist you to get the most value, beauty and life out of your property investments.